[mythtv-users] Live TV files not cleaned up

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:32:57 UTC 2007

> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> > From reading the Wiki I see that this was created as a replacement for
> > the ringbuffer files which was what I remembered and probably shows
> > how long it's been since I looked at this stuff. I built these
> > machines aver 2 years ago and they have been in constant use for
> > probably 26-27 months. It's been a long time since I messed with them
> > in any depth. Things have changed...a lot!
>
> Well I only have 425 days of uptime. I keep "meaning" to upgrade, but
> then I figure why should I mess with something that's working fine and
> doing everything it needs to.
>
> The problem is that, as the newer versions diverge more and more from
> the 0.19 I'm using, my ability to help others is reduced. The only thing
> worse than no information is wrong information.

I'll let you know how it goes. I've decided since I've lost the
recordings we had on the NFS server that I'll start from scratch and
upgrade everything. I've been running mysql-4 so II'm moving to 5. I
was already on myth-0.20 so I'll be building a slightly newer one of
those. Looks like I should upgrade my kernel so I can get newer ivtv
drivers but not sure I want to try and go that far today. I'd like to
see if I can get things working again by 5PM. I've installed a USB
drive so I have storage. Basically now it comes down to 'Gentoo don't
fail me now!'

Hard to get my work done at home with this stuff going on but I depend
on Myth streaming TV across my network. I trade stocks and need to
have access to some form of TV.

Cheers,
Mark