[mythtv-users] General newb questions

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Mon May 14 18:40:53 UTC 2007

I've just gotten into Myth. I have a backend running MythDora 4, a
frontend running MythDora 4, and another frontend running Ubuntu Feisty.
When I watch TV on the MD (MythDora) front machine, the viewings show on
the backend like I would assume they should. Same with recorded shows.
Now when I watch TV on the Ubuntu frontend machine, the live TV views
and the recorded shows do NOT show on the MD backend. I'd like them to.
I searched the Ubuntu machine for any files over 4M, and didn't see the
recordings anywhere - I have to assume they were recorded on the backend
machine (which would make sense, since it has the PVR150 card), but why
are they not showing in the 2 MD machine's catalogs?
Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!