[mythtv-users] General newb questions

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon May 14 19:02:35 UTC 2007

Jake Vickers wrote:
> I've just gotten into Myth. I have a backend running MythDora 4, a
> frontend running MythDora 4, and another frontend running Ubuntu Feisty.
> When I watch TV on the MD (MythDora) front machine, the viewings show on
> the backend like I would assume they should. Same with recorded shows.
> Now when I watch TV on the Ubuntu frontend machine, the live TV views
> and the recorded shows do NOT show on the MD backend. I'd like them to.
> I searched the Ubuntu machine for any files over 4M, and didn't see the
> recordings anywhere - I have to assume they were recorded on the backend
> machine (which would make sense, since it has the PVR150 card), but why
> are they not showing in the 2 MD machine's catalogs?
> Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

LiveTV recordings are in their own "group" in Watch Recordings.  By
default this group is not shown since most of the time people don't care
to see them.  You can find the setting to enable it somewhere in the
frontend settings or you can switch to it by pressing MENU in Watch
Recordings and changing your view.

Kevin