[mythtv-users] The PNG Thumbnail generated by Default: Is it used for anything?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon May 14 19:04:19 UTC 2007

Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> says:
> In the UK, at least, the contents of the thumbnails almost never
> have anything to do with the program they are connected
> to. i.e. BBC, you get a random shot of the end of the previous
> program, other channels, a random shot of some advert or trailer.

While I'm on record in a concurrent thread asking for the ability to
turn off preview generation completely for stability reasons, it
sounds like you haven't taken advantage of the feature within
mythfrontend to control where the previews are generated from. MythTV
can generate them from a bookmark (typically where you left off while
watching the recording) and/or some arbitrary number of seconds from
the start of the program; I have mine set to 305.