[mythtv-users] Dish receiver

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue May 15 17:06:54 UTC 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Conrad Montlouis wrote:

> Thanks for responding Brad.
> I read on the IRtrans website that the IRtrans server can be used
> as both a receiver and a transmitter, is that inaccurate?
>
> Thanks

Yes, the IRTrans software can completely replace lirc so there's no
need to install lirc on top of it but if you're not comfortable
working with this stuff, you might find it easier to start IRTrans
with --no_lirc, install lirc separately and follow the lirc
instructions. However, you still have the issue of not having the
hardware to send IR signals to your STB.