[mythtv-users] Defunct Mythbackend

Matt Rude mythtv at mattrude.com
Tue May 15 18:11:24 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Matt Rude wrote:
>
>> I have be having this problem fro the last few weeks where after a day
>> or so my Mythbackend demon will go defunct and not let me restart the
>> demon
>>
>> /sbin/service mythbackend restart
>> fails every time. the system wont even let me reboot when I try the
>> system will just sit there like as if I didn't tell it to reboot.
>> ps -eaf shows me
>> root      3673     1  5 00:41 ?        00:41:27 [mythbackend] <defunct>
>>
>> anyone have any idea what I can look at.
>>

>> This is a Fedora Core 6 system with an Nvida 7300
>>
>> -Matt
>>

> Try enabling verbose logging on the backend and see if the logs show
> anything. Also it would probably help if we knew what version of myth
> you are running.

Sorry I am running the SVN trunk from last night but this problem has
been going of for some time with a few different trunk versions

Library API version     : 0.20.20070327-1
Source code version     : 13451
Network Protocol Version: 34
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_ivtv using_iptv using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu
using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend
using_bindings_perl

Also looking at phpMyAdmin my mythconverg database is 92.5 MiB and the
'recordedseek' table is 67.1 MiB of that with 1,467,764 records in it.
isn't that large for one table?

I will turn on --verbose all and see what it shows.
-Matt