[mythtv-users] Best HD transcoding setup & settings?

Bryan Mayland bmayland at leoninedev.com
Tue May 15 18:57:12 UTC 2007

Joe Borne wrote:
> Well, I am guessing something is broken. When I try it from the "Watch
> Recordings" menu nothing happens. When I try it from the OSD menu, the
> OSD diplays "Stopped Transcoding" and nothing happens. I've checked
> and mythtranscode is installed and the mtd is running. Also, I created
> a "1080i" transcoding profile per your description, but it doesn't
> show in my menu as a choice when I go to transcode a show. What's
> wrong here?

The reason the 1080i profile doesn't show up in the list is because the
list menus (from the watch recordings -> jobs -> transcode -> select
profile) are fixed to just have Default, Autodetect, Low, Med, High.  If
you select Autodetect, it will use the "Autodetect from 1080i" profile.

You may want to try running your backend in a terminal with:
    mythbackend -v jobqueue
And see if it is saying something in the log.  I can't imagine why it
wouldn't kick off the transcode job.  Maybe check the Info Center ->
System Status -> Job Queue list too and see if there's an error.