[mythtv-users] Serial irblaster - how do I get lirc working

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:43:56 UTC 2007

I have mine controlling two Bell Expressvu systems. I have followed
the instructions from www.wilsonet.com/mythtv with success. I am
running FC6 though.

I would think the principals would be the same. Set up another
instance of lirc and get it to blast the codes to your cablebox.
You need a channelchange script based on the IR code you are using. I
picked code 1 and code 6 since they were recommended and both of them
work almost flawlessly. I have only noticed 1 case where the channel
didn't change properly for my kids shows, and instead of tuning to 553
(treehouse) it tuned 53 and recorded some french show.

--
-=/>Thom