[mythtv-users] Freezing..

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed May 16 04:28:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 07:55:52PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
> is the rpm built in with --compile-type=debug?

Yes (the packages you mention, e.g. the 0.21 svn trunk packages in
bleeding).

> I really dont want to learn how to compile it myself :(

Well, the 0.21 svn trunk packages are intended for users helping the
mythtv developers in testing the svn trunk code - they are not really
intended to be used in production. OTOH many people find that they
work good enough in their environment that they switch even for
production, but that shouldn't divert from their true intended use.

In a nutshell: If the svn trunk packages break you should either
downgrade to the stable series or help out in debugging the issue
which does include compiling yourself.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net