[mythtv-users] Questions about XBox front end

Rob Willett (Mythtv) rob.mythtv2 at robertwillett.com
Wed May 16 12:10:16 UTC 2007

Jake,

I run MinimythTV on an Via M10000 board. There is a very, very faint
hum, more transformer than fan,, but not an issue to my other half.  I
did put a potentiometer in line with the fan to reduce the speed, less
than 3,000RPM as I recall. No issues with heat at all as it's diskless
and CD-ROM less.

MinimythTV works well with it. I suspect you could use an even smaller
CPU from VIA and have no fans at all.

Rob.