[mythtv-users] Audio not working for NTSC channels...

Jeff Steele JSteele at ColoradoCollege.edu
Wed May 16 16:12:50 UTC 2007

Still no audio for analog channels on my M2NPV-VM (intel-hda).  I have a
known good stereo signal on a 1/8" plug in the mobo's LINE input.  In
alsamixer I can unmute it (to hear un-delayed audio) or mute it and
select it as CAPTURE input (as instructed by docs) and I get nothing.  I
have tried with all other inputs/outputs in alsamixer unmuted and set at
70-ish.

My system is Fedora Core 6, AMD 64X2, recent MythTV from SVN.  I've
checked my OSS setup as best as I know how, and verified that the
snd_pcm_oss, snd_mixer_oss, and snd_seq_oss are loaded.  No dmesg clues.
I set all my MythTV configuration fields relating to sound as
ALSA:default.

Q : How could I test OSS outside of MythTV ?  Is there something
equivalent to arecord/aplay that uses the OSS interface ?