[mythtv-users] Mythmusic corrupted

Rick rbonafied at gmail.com
Thu May 17 02:28:46 UTC 2007

Andrew Chuah wrote:
> OK, I did a dumb thing and accidentally deleted some of my mythmusic
> tables. Mythmusic now refuses to recreate the tables upon startup or
> upon song scanning.
>
> Is there a way for me to get back MythMusic?
>
> thanks,
> andrew

If memory serves, I did that once as well.  Except on purpose.

Going back to what I remember and taking a quick glance at the code, try
this:
0) Backup your database
1) Remove any other music related tables.
     Like: musicmetadata, musicplaylist, smartplaylistcategory,
smartplaylist, smartplaylistitem, music_albums, music_artists,
music_genres, music_playlists, music_songs, music_stats

2) Delete from the settings table this value: 'MusicDBSchemaVer'
    sql:
     delete from settings where value = 'MusicDBSchemaVer'

3) Go into the mythmusic plugin and hopefully it will create the tables
again.

Oh ... and don't forget to backup your database before attempting these
steps :)

Rick