[mythtv-users] Slow program listings and deleting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 17 13:27:46 UTC 2007

On 05/17/2007 06:02 AM, Steve Daniels wrote:
> This might go a long way to explaining why my parents MythTV system has
> been getting a bit sluggish recently.. it must have been running for
> over a year and a half on EIT and I can't remember ever running
> mythfilldatabase :-/
>
> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2006-09-17 13:27 and ended on
> 2006-09-17 13:27. FAILED: xmltv returned error code 512."

That means that you had a video source that was not marked EIT only or
No grabber.  If you still do, make sure you change it before running
mythfilldatabase--especially if it would still error out.  If it errors,
mfdb may not clean out the old data (dependent on version--0.20-fixes
should, but 0.20 or 0.19-fixes or 0.19 may not).

Mike