[mythtv-users] Comcast HD connection setup

Brian blistmail at comcast.net
Fri May 18 13:44:03 UTC 2007

I have a 3416 and two DCT-6200s from Comcast. Both behave similarly over
Firewire as far as I can tell. (channel changing, unstable recording) While
firewire is enabled on all of my boxes *AND* I could tune every channel (I
don't subscribe to movie channels though) I could not get a stable setup via
Firewire using MythTV packages from Atrpms. I tried to compile SVN on FC6
x64, it didn't work and I ran out of time. I'll re-try SVN at a later date.

So, without Firewire, I intend to use a PVR-350 connected via S-video to a
DCT-6200 and use firewire to change channels. It'll be SD only. I haven't
had the time to figure out how to configure Myth to just change channels via
Firewire.

I don't know of any other option of capturing HD content besides firewire
using these boxes.

-Brian