[mythtv-users] MythStream? MythStreamTV?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:21:52 UTC 2007

Hi Jim,
   Thanks. I found that wiki which is why I wrote the list. The Wiki
seems a bit out of date as it talks about myth-0.19 and not 0.20. That
said it looks like it might be worth a try.

   I'm in the process of emerging MythWeb which seems to be a
prerequisite. Once I have that working I'll try adding this in.

   One thing I didn't find clear in this Wiki is what needs to be done
at the remote backend? Presumably I'll have to open some firewall
ports so I can get into my dad's network, but what ports? Once that's
done I don't want the backend there to stream anything other than very
low quality video and audio but I'm not clear yet how to configure
that. Or is that done on my end via what I request?

   Anyway, I'll start playing with it and see if I can get it to work
at all even on my own network here.

Thanks,
Mark