[mythtv-users] Twinhan ATSC (D+A) revisited

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Sat May 19 16:50:54 UTC 2007

Previously I had asked for guidance setting up my Twinhan D+A, and was
overjoyed when I got a response that worked as hoped for.

However, in my haste I seem to have overlooked that only the HDTV tuner on
this card is actually recognized by gentoo-2.6.18-gentoo-r6 (or by myth, I'm
not sure which).  The non-HDTV tuner is not recognized.

So, the problem is now that, even though I can use the HDTV tuner on this
card, there are no v4l or other devices created in /dev for myth to use the
NTSC (non-HDTV) input.

I already have a Hauppauge-pvr250 that works in this box, and I thought that
if I removed that then the second tuner on the Twinhan would be recognized.
However that is not the case.

Does anyone have any experience setting up such a dual-tuner card?

Thanks!

lane