[mythtv-users] PVR 150s Cheap

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sun May 20 16:20:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 19, 2007 5:41 pm, Brian Wood wrote:
> Jack Trout wrote:
>> I just went to a Circut City Warehouse Store, they have new in box,
>> never opened, PVR150 Media Center Kits model 1062, for 39.99 a peice. I
>> am not sure how many of these warehouse stores are out there, but they
>> had about 10 of these on the shelf. My location was in Columbus, Ohio.
>> it even has the Remote and IR Blaster..
>
> I've seen them occasionally for that price at CC retail stores, you just
> have to keep your eyes open. I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming, not exactly a
> hotbed of electronic discounters.
>
> I think analog capture devices will continue to get cheaper as the day
> approaches when they will useful only for capturing baseband NTSC, but
> that day is years away.
>
> I really don't think the cost of PVRs is a major stumbling block to
> anyone serious about building a Myth box, at least in the USA.
>
> You have to be careful though, and be sure to get the type of remote you
> want: The Hauppauge units or the Windows MCE USB type.

This is the message of hope for me. The second card was essential, but a
thire card would be ... very nice? No, way cool! No more having to skip
the Simpsons just because a baseball game and the Newshour are in the same
time slot.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer