[mythtv-users] flipping between interlaced and progressive source detection

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun May 20 20:41:14 UTC 2007

On 20/05/2007 17:43, Scott wrote:

> In the log below I mythtv flipping back and forth between progressive
> and deinterlace modes during playback

I see that on *one* DVB-T MUX inthe UK (MUX A which includes channel5)
I've using kernel de-interlace (I'm surprised that this makes the
picture look better as I have Radeon VGA->RGB SCART cable on a 100Hz CRT
so my display is interlaced, I'd expected de-interlacing to make
interlaced material look worse until I tried it).

Sometimes the stream will stay on interlaced for thousands of frames,
then rapidly switch between interlace/progressive, sometimes swithcing
several times per second, it /seems/ to happen more during advert
junctions but that might be subjective. Probably how they manage to
squeeze so many (too many!) streams into one poor mux.

Myth doesn't seem to mind the switching, I do get backend crashes on
that mux, but they don't seem to co-incide with the
interlace/progressive switching.