[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:28:23 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:

> > Does that describe what you're seeing? Best to test with a
> > clip/channel with a news ticker moving from right to left.
>
> I have tons of test material (lots of recordings of various shows that
> are broadcast @ 1080i).  All exhibit the problem I describe in the first
> paragraph above.

Seth

I can't remember if you're compiling from source or not, so this may not help:)

The attached patch may help - it's not perfect (it doesn't work 100%
of the time and it will wreak havoc playing progressive scan content).
It's against the mythtv-vid branch but shouldn't have any issues with
other/older versions - and the important stuff is only a couple of
lines.

With this in place I get perfectly smooth/synced playback at 1080i
most of the time - still trying to figure out if I can get 100%!

I'll explain it in more detail when I've had some sleep.

Regards

Mark