[mythtv-users] deinterlacing and non-smooth playback at 1080i

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Tue May 22 13:45:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 10:40:53AM +0100, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> > It didn't apply cleanly to HEAD svn.  So, I checked out mythtv-vid of
> > mythtv, applied the patch, and built it.  After some problems with the DB
> > schema I got it to run.  The sync problem still exists.  I tried with
> > Bob and w/o any deinterlacing.  FWIW, with Bob I received:
>
> I've just looked at your original frontend log again. Is your display
> widescreen? Is the video stream being letterboxed at all? The log
> suggests that your display is 4:3 and is letterboxing the 16:9
> videostream to fit it onscreen. If this is what is happening, there
> must be some vertical scaling. This may throw out the tv's
> deinterlacer as it will not be getting the even/odd scan lines in the
> format it is expecting. Try setting the aspect ratio to fill or 16:9
> zoom - this should give you 1:1 vertical mapping without scaling.

Display is widescreen.  It's a 16:9 CRT RPTV.  No letterboxing.  What
I'm watching should fill the screen.

Are you convinced that this sync issue isn't a driver issue?  I ask
because I see the problem in mplayer and xine and not just mythtv.

> Can you post a full log with deinterlacing off, aspect ration set to
> Fill, opengl vsync on etc?

1) unpatched from svn trunk r13407
   http://sethd.org/myth/fe.log.unpatched
2) patched from svn branch mythtv-vid r13487M
   http://sethd.org/myth/fe.log.patched

--
seth / @sethdaniel.org
A is for Apple.