[mythtv-users] MythFrontend on an AppleTV

Neil Raymond neil_raymond at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 14:57:26 UTC 2007

>Can the AppleTV play standard (i.e. mpeg2) HD,  if so that would be great.

I don't yet know. I don't have access to any HD material in this format.
I've downloaded some episodes of Lost in 720p but they're all in mkv files,
and I'm still trying to work out how to get them into a format that Myth can
handle. Any suggestions would be great. And If you can point me in the
direction of some HD mpeg2 content that I can download I'll give that a try
too.

>Also, is MythTV stable? If so I might need to cancel an order pronto...

It certainly seems stable. I've had it running for about a week now, it
hasn't stopped responding or needed a reboot for any other reason.

The only slight niggle is that it takes a while for recordings to start
playing. About 5-6 seconds of a black screen before it starts - just long
enough for me to think that maybe it's broken this time - but it has never
not started playing.

All in all I'm very happy with it. Considering it only cost 200GBP, there's
no way I could build something that small, quiet and good-looking myself for
that money and have it work this well.

Neil