[mythtv-users] MythFrontend on an AppleTV

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:21:27 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Neil Raymond <neil_raymond at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've added a HOWTO to the wiki detailing the steps I took to get
> MythFrontend running on my AppleTV:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythFrontend_on_an_AppleTV
>
> I made a note of the steps that I took when I did the original installation,
> but I haven't had chance to redo it all from scratch yet to verify all the
> commands in the howto. I'd be interested if someone who has already opened
> their AppleTV could run through the procedure and provide feedback if
> necessary.

Nice writeup Neil.   It's very thorough.

I wonder if it might be safer to keep the original AppleTV fonts, and
just add the needed Mac OS X fonts to them, rather than deleting the
originals.   If someone intends to also use the Apple functionality,
they might need the original fonts too.

I tried doing a 'ktrace' on mythfrontend running on my Mac Mini,
hoping to be able to see which fonts it is accessing (as far as I
know, 'strace' doesn't exist on Mac OS.  The closest I could find was
ktrace.)   I didn't see the individual file accesses to the fonts, but
I saw a lot of xml info related to fonts.

I suppose it also depends on the theme being used (mine was
MythCenter-Wide), but I saw a lot of references to "Trebuchet MS", and
a single reference to Arial.

Anyone know of a better method for seeing file system accesses, to
catch all the fonts being used by myth/Qt?   Aren't there some APIs in
10.4, related to SpotLight, which show file system accesses, or are
those only file modifications?