[mythtv-users] more scheduler options

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Wed May 23 08:57:20 UTC 2007

Brett Kosinski" <fancypantalons[at]gmail.com> wrote:

 > Well, it's pretty easy to achieve this using a power search. Of
course, if
 > you lack SQL knowledge, that might be a little more tricky. But
something
 > like this will do:
 >
 > Between 8 and 10pm:
 >
 > program.title = "Program Title" and
 > hour(program.starttime) >= 20 and
 > hour(program.starttime) <= 22

 > Not exactly...that would pick up start times before 20:00 and 22:59
inclusive.

 > Either this to get start times from 8:00pm through (but not
including) 10:00pm:

 > program.title = "Program Title" and
 > hour(program.starttime) >= 20 and
 > hour(program.starttime) < 22

 > Or maybe something like this instead if you want to include 10:00pm
start times, but any other 10:xx > start
 > times:

 > program.title = "Program Title" AND
 > hour(program.starttime) >= 20 AND
 > (hour(program.starttime) < 22 OR
 > (hour(program.starttime) = 22 AND minute(program.starttime) <= 0))

 > Scott

==================================

This does work ok except its quiet hard to manage if I need to change
it, ie MythWeb doesn't support editing this and using K/board from
frontend is also hard.

Actually it would be great if you could create custom rules and then
apply them in the normal scheduler , then the options would be limit-less
eg if I created a rule called "only-prime-time" then I  could select
recording  and apply that rule to that title
eg Record "The Bill" using rule "only-prime-time"

Also the preview for power_search doesn't seem to work when editing the
schedule ..

But thanks for this...Is this documented anywhere? I couldn't find it in
the User-Manual

Paul