[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:19:05 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/24/2007 09:56 AM, Brian Walter wrote:
>
>> Brian wrote:
>>

>>> Should I just delete cardinputid 2? I didn't find a bug in trac.
>>>

>> Thats the exact situation I have - it seems to depend on the order of
>> types? of cards you enter, so, if you add them in the order you want,
>> you'll get that 'card 0' problem.  My solution is as you suggest - just
>> delete the cardid 0 from cardinput.  I know it's not
>> supported/advised/approved...but after several weeks, I've not seen any
>> ill affects from it.
>>

> It's just that there's a good chance there's other garbage left in the
> DB.  The approach I recommend will clean it all out.
>
> Mike

Mike

I understand....and I've followed your approach each time I get  the
error. It makes much more sense to use the font end to clean things
out.  However, when I turn around and repeat the card configuration -
the error comes back.

I've left the 'card 0' in - did not seem to affect anything.

I've delete 'card 0' manually - did not seem to affect anything.

I finally decided it was a nuisance message, and just being a  neat
freak about messages, manually deleted the card.