[mythtv-users] Recording storage suggestions

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:47:26 UTC 2007

> I understand what you mean.  However, some features are so darned good
> that they're worth the risk of using 'alpha' code. Over the last year,
> I've found several 'one-off' features that compelled me to use SVN
> (improved HD Homerun support, Storage Groups, HD autoscanning, etc).

I'm running SVN fixes right now. When I installed, I had trouble
getting HDHR to channel scan, and SVN fixed the problem. I would
absolutely love to have the recording groups feature, but since
everything else is performing well, and fills my needs, I dont want to
switch to Trunk.

I realize that features arent pushed to the fixes branch, because it's
there for ..well.. fixes. My questions, I guess, are: how often is a
main release updated to include new features, and at that point, is
the fixes branch populated with the changes that went into the main
release? ie: can we expect to see the recording groups feature pushed
to main or fixes anytime soon?
Thanks to all the hard working devs btw, Myth rocks!
-J