[mythtv-users] Best HD transcoding setup & settings?

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu May 24 17:51:34 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:

>> I'd actually prefer something better then MPEG-2 and a lower bitrate but
>> I figured I should walk before I run...
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff#HR.HDTV_script

Do these files actually seek correctly in the myth internal player
(commercial skipping and all that)?

I have no problems at all creating x264 videos with AC3 that mplayer can
handle just fine - the problem is making them so that I can rebuild
myth's seektable and play them as if they were transcoded by myth.  My
files work just fine until you try to seek...

Myth's internal player is apparently a bit fragile.  But there is no way
that I know of to use mplayer/xine for regular TV watching (keeping
commercial skip / etc working).