[mythtv-users] Card 0 (type ) is set to start on channel 1 - Myth 0.21-159_trunk_r13460

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 24 19:35:54 UTC 2007

Brian wrote:
> I did that and the problem re-appeared. I don't have a card '0' in
> mythconverg.

Nor should you. Only positive integers are valid for cardids.

> mysql> select cardid from capturecard;
> +--------+
> | cardid |
> +--------+
> |      1 |
> |      2 |
> +--------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> But I do have it here... Strange.
>
> mysql> select cardinputid,cardid from cardinput;
> +-------------+--------+
> | cardinputid | cardid |
> +-------------+--------+
> |           1 |      1 |
> |           2 |      0 |
> |           3 |      2 |
> +-------------+--------+
> 3 rows in set (0.01 sec)
>

> Should I just delete cardinputid 2? I didn't find a bug in trac.

This is the only thing in this thread that matters, the rest of it
gives me a headache. Mythtv-setup should only offer the input
connection setup wizard for an input associated with a valid,
existing, configured card. cardinput.cardid should always be >= 1.

This is clearly a bug.

If you could remember what you did that may have lead to this
situation, please try it again. If you can make it happen, please
write a specific set of steps that someone else could follow to
reproduce it on their own system. We don't need to version number
of an audio package or the color of your ethernet cables, just 'do
this, this then this and the cardid will be "0"'. If you can do
so, open a bug with these steps so that someone else can reproduce
the problem and track down the cause then fix it.

Thank you,

--  bjm