[mythtv-users] Issue with channel changing script

Rage321 rage321 at optonline.net
Fri May 25 04:18:24 UTC 2007

I would first try running mythfrontend -w from a terminal and go into Live
TV, then Alt+Tab to the console and look for errors relating to your
problem.

Honestly though, I would also verify that you did this using proper syntax,
etc.:
-------
 MythTV will automagically handle the channel changing on your cable box for
you, as long as it knows where the channel changing script you created is
located. To let it know, run mythtvsetup as follows:

$ mythtvsetup
Say No to clearing capture card or channel info.

Under "Input Connections," look for the part called "External Channel Change
Command." Navigate to this, and enter "/usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh"
(without the quotation marks). Be sure to hit the "Finish"
-------