[mythtv-users] Confused on how to use channels.conf

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 07:34:16 UTC 2007

> If you import a good channels.conf file,
> you should not need to then scan for channels -
> this is the purpose of importing the
> dvb)scan-generated channels.conf file in the
> first place.
> --
> Nick

Nick, I've not imported channels.conf in a long while,
but Myth's scan wasn't finding my the KOPB QAM
channels
here in Portland, OR so I imported a snippet of those
channels from a channels.conf I'd made long ago using
dvb tools.  Strangely, it's like Michelle said --
Myth scanned the channels on the mux.  I have "fixes
4." I know Myth didn't behave like this a year ago
when I made the channels.conf file.

-Cal