[mythtv-users] Scheduling problem

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat May 26 10:59:12 UTC 2007

I have been running the same version of myth for some time now, using
svn-fixes corresponding to svn 12786. I have encountered the following
problem twice since that time, the most recent being yesterday.

When I boot up in the morning I start up Mythweb, because that will tell
me whether or not the master BE is still working. Most days it is. I
usually check the "Upcoming Recordings" to see if there is anything
interesting forthcoming, etc. Yesterday there was only a couple of
entries, this is possible, so I thought nothing more about it.

This morning, looking through the paper, I realised that I had seen
nothing scheduled for tonight's "Dr Who". Checked the myth schedules,
and although the rules are there, most of the scheduled upcoming
recordings had gone.

Recovery procedure was simple, same as I had done the previous time. I
had to call up each schedule entry (in Mythweb) and just click Update
Recording Settings. Fortunately, unlike some of the power users, I have
only a dozen or so rules set up, so it didn't take long. Lo and behold,
a full screen of upcoming recordings!

Before anyone asks, I run optimize_mythdb every night so I'm reasonably
happy the database is not fubared. The content, now, that's a different
matter, but browsing it using the MySQL tools shows no obvious issues.

So, why does my list of upcoming recordings occasionally disappear? Can
someone offer an explanation? And a way to prevent it happening again?

Mike Perkins