[mythtv-users] Help to instal mythtv-suite: missing dependency faad2 < 2.5

Henry S. Greenside hsg at phy.duke.edu
Sun May 27 18:16:25 UTC 2007

I tried updating mythtv on my FC6 system today and ran into
several yum dependency errors that I don't know how to
resolve.

Since I already had mythtv running, I simply tried "yum
upgrade". This led to many files to update but yum ran into
a problem, saying that installing the file

    lame-libs-3.97-4.lvn6

would conflict with an existing file. So I used "yum erase"
to erase this file, but this required me to delete most
mythtv-related files. So I did this and then ran

    yum install mythtv-suite

to reinstall all the various mythtv files with
dependencies. This step nearly completed but then failed
with this error message:

    missing dependency: faad2 < 2.5 is needed by package ffmpeg-libs

The current version of faad2 is 2.5.7. So I deleted the
installed version of faad2 and installed an earlier version
"faad2-2.0-19-20050", reran "install mythtv-suite" but got
the same error message, "faad2 < 2.5 ...".

So I am stuck: can someone please explain how to get around
this dependency for ffmpeg-libs? My mythtv is dead until I
figure this out since "install mythtv-suite" won't complete.

    Thanks,

    Henry

PS

Would be helpful to send me an email directly at
my email address hsg at phy.duke.edu.