[mythtv-users] Problem with oldrecorded after upgrade.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 27 22:03:58 UTC 2007

On 05/27/2007 03:27 PM, Jeff Brasen wrote:
>   I recently upgraded from version 0.18 to 0.20 and am noticing that the
> scheduler is trying to re-recording things that are currently recorded.
> Looking at the database the oldrecorded table does not have anything in
> it after 02/12/2006. What I would like to do is import everything from
> the recorded table in this time period into the oldrecorded table. Is
> there anyway to do this other than manually one by one?

Did you also upgrade MySQL to version 5?  If so, and if it changed the
default character set to UTF8, I'll bet your programid got changed to 6
characters long (instead of 20)--and that's only one "misconversion"
that occurs, but the one that would prevent duplicate checking from
working.  If so, your best bet is to drop your new DB, set the charset
on your DB, and import your pre-upgrade backup.

If that's not the issue, the only reason you should be missing
oldrecorded records after Feb 12, 2006 is if you used a backup from
then.  (In other words, fix the problem that prevented a proper
import--don't work around it--because you likely can't trust the rest of
your data.)

Mike