[mythtv-users] choppy audio with hdtv playback

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon May 28 10:27:54 UTC 2007

Pete Wall wrote:
> I finally have my AirStar HD5000 working, but when I'm watching any
> of my programs recorded on that tuner, it sounds like they're talking
> through a fan.  The video looks great, it's only the audio that's
> affected.  Here's the funny part.  If I alt-tab to the terminal
> window I used to launch mythfrontend, the audio is just fine.

When you tab over, it removes the video rendering load. Your cpu looks
to be a bit on the wimpy side. Have you tried things like setting "Use
Events" to true in your xorg.conf? I found that setting the video slider
in nvidia-settings to performance from the default of quality made a
difference. NVidia driver 9577 here.