[mythtv-users] frontend crash beryl intel

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Mon May 28 21:08:48 UTC 2007

ref:
ThinkPad x40 with intel chip.
SuSE 10.2
beryl

Problem: I want to setup a wireless frontend.
(I know it works because with SuSE 10.1 and NO beryl it worked OK in
this laptop)
Now frontend loads. I can see the backend like recording etc. Even I can
see the small viewer were the recording are. However it I try to play
liveTV or a recording the program crash and restart X.

This is the error I see:
---snip------
2007-05-28 13:48:54.613 VideoOutputXv: XvMCTex: Init failed
2007-05-28 13:48:54.613 VideoOutputXv: XVideo Adaptor Name: 'Xgl Generic
Texture Video'
-------------

I went to TV/playback settings and I tried all the "Preferred MPEG2
decoders" and none work.
BTW "Enable openGL vertical sync for timing" is not enable

Interestingly I found another thread of the same problem (unresolved)
using the nvidia chip instead of the intel

http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19902

Any tips besides removing beryl :-). Also using the beryl-manger I
select another window manager like metacity and the problem persist.
One more fact: the backend and the frontend in a desktop machine using
beryl and nvidia card worked perfect: I have myth running full screen in
one side of the cube.

TIA

-=terry(Denver)=-