[mythtv-users] pvr-150 ir receiver

Francis Martin fnitram at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:19:38 UTC 2007

Hello I have tried for countless hours to make the ir receiver of the
pvr-150 to work, I have the one that come with a irblaster, but this is not
a must for this one to work because I have a serial irblaster and anyway I
would need to patch the lirc if I want it to work, which is beyond my
knowledge right now .

Everything seems to load correctly but I got nothing on the console when I
start irw and press a button on my remote ( I know the card/ir
receiver/remote works, i tried them on windows).

By the way I try to install it on MythDora 4

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Here is the contents of my files
----------------
/etc/modprobe.conf:

alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
####IR setup####
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c
install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore-install lirc_serial

----------------
/etc/rc.d/rc.local

/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/dev/lircd1
--pidfile=/var/run/lircd1.pid

------------------

/etc/lircd.conf

in this file I have the grayHauppauge remote and my cable box, I don't think
I need to post it.

------------------

/etc/sysconfig/lircd

#Options to lircd
LIRCD_OPTIONS=

------------------

here is the list of currently loaded lirc modules:

lsmod | grep lirc

lirc_serial            15104  0
lirc_i2c               11780  0
i2c_core               24897  11
cx88xx,bttv,lirc_i2c,i2c_ec,wm8775,cx25840,tuner,nvidia,ivtv,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom
lirc_imon              17924  1
lirc_dev               16292  3 lirc_serial,lirc_i2c,lirc_imon

--------------------

and here is the lirc devices

ls -l /dev/lirc*

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     5 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc -> lirc0
crw------- 1 root root 61, 0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc0
crw------- 1 root root 61, 1 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc1
crw------- 1 root root 61, 2 May 28 18:46 /dev/lirc2
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircd
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircd1
prw-r--r-- 1 root root     0 May 28 18:46 /dev/lircm

Thanks