[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Tue May 29 23:50:43 UTC 2007

> Mark A. Hoover wrote:
>>> I do think we should start emailing them asking for support. They lost
>>> two customers as far as I can tell and who knows how many potential
>>> customers.
>>
>> The sad this is I've been looking for a case just like this one for ages,
>> but given that the VFD doesn't work I've gone back to looking at the
>> Thermaltake Mozart case.  The only other thing I didn't see was a built-in
>> IR sensor....:(
> Check out this one
> <http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08738>. I have bought
> one but not set it up so I can't guarantee it. It is solidly built and
> is supposed to work
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Volume_Knob_on_Antec_Fusion>. If
> you don't insist on a slim case it is an economical alternative. It does
> not have built in IR or any provision to add it to the case.

I appreciate the reference, but I'd really like to find a slimline case as
it would go with everything else I have right now.  I'm also only
planning to put a motherboard and an optical drive in the case, so don't
see the need to having something that rivals the size of most older home
audio receivers.....:(