[mythtv-users] Nuvexport and Xvid

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Wed May 30 00:08:35 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, luitjens at cs.utah.edu <luitjens at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use nuvexport to export some videos to xvid.  I'm using
> all the default settings as a test case.  After converting the video to
> xvid I transfer it to my windows machine and try to view it.  The video
> has audio but no video in winamp or windows media player.  If I play the
> video in mplayer on the linux box I get audio and video but it reports a
> lot of errors throughout the video.  I have the latest xvid codec
> installed on my windows box.  Anyone have any ideas why I am not able to
> see the video?

What are the defaults that you're using? I've noticed that the default
recently changed from Noise Reduction YES to Noise Reduction NO. I've
always had better results with no noise reduction so this is a good
thing.

Are you getting any unusual output from nuvexport when you run it?

Does the transcoded video play in VLC under Windows? Under Linux?