[mythtv-users] MythArchive DVD menus freeze

David Meixner dmeixner at uiuc.edu
Thu May 31 00:00:56 UTC 2007

> Karl Newman wrote:
> > I'm having a strange problem with the DVDs created by MythArchive.
> > When I play a DVD created by MythArchive in a standalone DVD player or
> > using WinDVD, selecting an item on a menu seems to freeze the player.
> > I can usually get it to go to the destination by clicking pause and
> > then play (sometimes repeatedly). This happens whether the destination
> > is a video or another menu.

So after playing around with this for a long while, I figured out the
problem.  For some reason, the menu buttons have a pause value of infinity.

To fix this, in the mythburn.py script, remove the two lines (1794 and 1871)
that read:

menupgc.setAttribute("pause","inf")

At least, this fixed the problem for me.

-David