[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging hanging at 99%?

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Thu May 31 16:04:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 2:38 pm, brian wrote:
> in
> 0.18.1 and 0.19 days, my MythTV box could run for days and days on end
> (into the 3 digit days on `uptime`).  At present (running
> 0.20 SVN [current]), it rarely makes it into two digit days before I have
> to `shutdown -h now` or hit the big red button to
> continue...  :/

And I thought it was just me :-(

I'm a Myth newb who recently shifted from MythDora 3.2 to 4.0, which I
believe represents a Myth switch from 1.9 to 2.0. I've had lots of
discrepancies -- Xv no longer working, comflagging dropping out, and a
couple of playback freezes, which never happened before. Some of it is
almost certainly me and my inexperience in configuring. Some may be the
MythDora release. But the freezing playback (the video froze and the sound
was in one of those Elmer Fudd loops) led to a state where I couldn't ping
from the outside, making me suspect that at least that issue is in Myth,
and not Mythdora or my inexperience.

I am _loving_ this! What a shiny geek toy!

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer