[mythtv-users] Deinterlace stopped working in latest SVN trunk

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu May 31 19:59:06 UTC 2007

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. [gtgj at pacbell.net] wrote:

>         I don't know enough to fix this but I believe it's your local
> NBC affiliate and not NBC in general.  You're in the SF Bay Area, right?
> They (KNTV) switched to a more advanced encoder a year ago:

<...>

> Another characteristic of these recordings is that the length as
> reported by MythTV is quite a bit off (~50 minutes for a 1-hr
> program).

For what its worth, I see this problem on content from my local NBC
and CBS affiliates in Raleigh NC.  Live shows (Superbowl, NCAA
tourney) seem to be immune, but filmed shows have the problem.
We also started seeing this on NBC about a year ago, following some
sort of equipment upgrade.  Our CBS affiliate, WRAL, is one of the
pioneers in HD, and has been doing this for over 2 years..

I can generally get interlacing to work if I disable the autodetection
and select interlaced in the video scan menu for every show I watch.
It still doesn't look perfect, but it is better than no deinterlacing.
As this telecine stuff is becoming more common, I'm hoping Myth will
get fixed to handle it...

Drew