[mythtv-users] What can be done about a USA cable provider encrypting local channels?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 31 21:10:45 UTC 2007

> Follow up to my original post. I contacted the general manager of 2 of
> the local stations and informed him that ComCrap was encrypting their HD
> channels. He was very surprised to hear it and surprise, surprise.....
> Two days later all the locals are in the clear again. :)
>
> You just have to figure out which button to push .

As I said, Station Managers *hate* it when folks can't view their
advertising, for any reason (the programming they don't really care
about) :-)

I suspect that the encryption was simply a matter of a cable headend
tech leaving a switch in the factory default position, without any
conscious thought about the matter.

Glad it worked out.

BEWW