[mythtv-users] Smooth playback on BBC HD 1080 h.264 - at last a solution :-)

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Thu May 31 22:20:34 UTC 2007

John wrote:
> Please post back if this works for you, or if you have any better ideas.
> I cant be the only Mythtv user trying to watch BBC-HD .........can I ?

I tried briefly (on a far less substantial system than yours) - it was
so far off being playable that I gave up.

I can't justify all the expense of building a system to play H.264 Beeb
broadcasts when there is only a few channels and Sky will chuck you a HD
PVR for £149.99 (exc installation and monthy fee).

So my Myth system will be purely used for music, games, dvd's and
podcasts - I'm not too upset.

Dave