[mythtv-users] Harmony and Imon

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Thu May 31 23:58:14 UTC 2007

Just a follow up from my original post.  I was able to find some help on the
logitech forums from some other people in the same boat here
http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=programming&message.id=2956.
Basically after a lot of time spent learning raw codes and tweaking, some
people have gotten their harmony remotes working fully with the imon ir
reciever.  The harmony level 2 support staff are supposed to all be trained
now in copying over the correct profile options into your remote in order to
get it to work.  It took me a good few hours on the phone with logitech, but
i now have a fully functioning harmony remote using the imon ir receiver.
And i must say, the remote was worth every penny.
If anyone else has tried to make this switch but doesn't have the
directional pad working the way you want, or has given up and are using
another ir reciever I recommend giving logitech a call (you need to get to
level 2 support to get any help).  If you get there and are still having
trouble you can ask them to copy my "MythTV" device profile over to your
remote.  My logitech user name is "Airic37"