[mythtv-users] MythTV backend crashing constantly (gdb seg fault output)

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:19:12 UTC 2007

I did a search for cpp:661 since that seemed to appear at each of my
crashes.  Lo & behold, the only hit was someone that posted on the
developers list 10/6/07 with the subject "Backend crashes almost daily"
There was some discussion regarding EIT scanning.  The only real answer
though was to update to SVN trunk.

I have been hesitant to try that since SVN was not terribly stable when I
have tried it in the past and my wife drove me crazy complaining about
having to restart the system.  I might just leave it in looping mode until
the next stable release.