[mythtv-users] PVR-500: Watching TV while recording

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 01:41:04 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:

> Folks,
>
>   Recently I tried to watch TV and to my surprise it was not possible.
> Then it came to mind that the machine was actually recording a show.
> But, the PVR-500 has two tuners.  How can one watch TV while recording
> using the first tuner ?
>
>   For that matter, is it possible to record two programs at the same
> time (on different channels) and if so, what is the setup for
> doing so ?

It sounds like you didn't add the second video capture device.  Once you do
that, and assign the channel source, you should be all set.

(In case it's not clear, a PVR-500 looks like two video capture devices.  If
you don't have any other capture devices, it will appear as /dev/video0 and
/dev/video1.)

Carl Fongheiser