[mythtv-users] Migrating RAID

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Nov 1 03:50:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:46:34PM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:
> > Well, you *know* what my answer is going to be here, right?
> >
> > SuperDLT 220 and LTO-1 tape drives and tape are quite a bit cheaper
> > than you think, until you look.
> >
> > Grab the trial version of BackupEdge, backup to tape.  Change drives;
> > build arrays; restore.
> >

> Well, I have a VXA-1 tape drive.  But I don't want to go through the
> pain of backing up nearly 1TB 70 MB at a time....

Sure.  But 110GB is a bit easier, and 200GB even moreso.  Plus, then
you'll have a way to actually *backup* your stuff, which -- if you have
that much storage, you must be an Archiver, or have a family of 30 --
can't be a bad thing.

> But I am looking for fun and challenge.

You're a personal trainer.  Isn't getting hit on by bored married older women
enough challenge?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra