[mythtv-users] Play Myth recordings on a Windows box

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Nov 1 19:56:37 UTC 2007

It appears that cfourcc and gfourcc are the tools for this job.

Later I will have to download this and see how it does.

I have hundreds of avi files that this will probably get
run against.

Now, does anyone know what formats might be cross compatable
with MythTV/xine and some of the portable media players? It
would be nice to have one file that plays on each. The formats
I mainly have are VOB, DIVX avi and h264 avi.

Sat next to a guy with an iphone on my last plane trip and now
I want a portable media player now too...

The way I encode my h264 movies, I could have 20 of them on an Archos.