[mythtv-users] Removing commercials

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 02:15:52 UTC 2007

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Did you find the place in either mythtv-setup or mythfrontend where it
> allows you to enable user jobs to run on a particular backend?  I
> think it is in mythtv-setup.
>
> Kevin

Yeah, I found some settings in Mythtv-Setup to allow commercial flagging
(which I had selected) and checkboxes to allow each of the 4 user jobs
(which I didn't have selected).  I turned on the User Job #1 box and
went into my recording, clicked the right arrow and told it to run the
job.  It seemed to run for about 2 hours, and when I watched it, the
commercials were still in there.  I had to FF thru them all.  During
that 2 hour period, Mythweb said that the job was finished, but it never
actually removed anything.

So, I'm still in the same boat. :-)

Harry