[mythtv-users] Migrating RAID

Rudy Zijlstra mythtv at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 2 08:50:10 UTC 2007

John Drescher wrote:

>> I've kind of soured on tape as a backup medium.  Too expensive, too
>> unreliable.

Too small as well, or rather, size of backup grows quicker than tape
size does
> I am not sure I could consider hard drives backup medium but I guess
> for the home user they probably are the best method as long as you
> replace them every 3 to 5 years.
>
> John

I've gone to a system with separate backup machine, running most backup
on mirror disks, which wakes up at night and does automatic backup.

The HDD tend to get replaced as they grow too smal, not because of disk
failure...
And if i get a disk failure, its only half of a mirror that dies.

Cheers,

Rudy