[mythtv-users] ATI X1300

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:10:10 UTC 2007

In my case, I'm just using a 32" 4:3 SDTV with an S-Video connection.

I'm not real clear on just how the output works, but the card seems to be
displaying at 1024x768.  I'm using TVOverScan to make video look right, and
I was able to resize/center the mythfrontend interface so I can see all the
menus/buttons. I assume some kind of scaling is going on, since I believe a
standard NTSC-M resolution is 640x480.  Small text looks like garbage (like
when I'm configuring things on my XFCE desktop (I run Mythbuntu)) but it
looks fine when using the full screen CLI. Though typically, when I'm
actually trying to configure something I just ssh to the machine on my iMac
so I can surf the web and get information, follow how-to's etc. and mess
with things with better resolution than my TV will provide.  If I really
feel I need to access something on the desktop, I may VNC to the machine.
Either way, it works for my purposes, and I'm quite satisfied.

If you're messing with HD, then ignore everything I've said.

Josh